WINSTON-SALEM, N.C. – Winston-Salem’s summer destination is the Winston-Salem Dash and the team is ready to kick-off their ninth season at BB&T Ballpark in April.
“It’s been amazing to see over nine years, we had just over 300,000 fans in year one and just over 300,000 fans in year eight,” said CJ Johnson, President of the Winston-Salem Dash.
Joe Weil, spokesman for the Dash, says, “Considering we’re working with one of the best farm systems in Minor League Baseball, we expect to put on one of the best shows really in Minor League Baseball.”
And with all they’ve got going on this season, that standard shouldn't be taken lightly.
“Time flies when you’re having fun,” said Johnson. “We’re going into year nine, and we always like to keep it fresh and fun,” he said about some of the new promotions the team will include.
Saturday game times will now be at 6 p.m. and Johnson says this will make games even more family-friendly.
On Sunday, kids eat free! Lowes Foods Family Sundays will allow each kid 12 and under to get a free bag of popcorn. And if that weren’t enough, you can also get an autograph from a player on the concourse before every Sunday home game.
And… Dog lovers rejoice! Not only will Pups in the Park be back this season, but happening for six Wednesday home games and one Thursday.
“We’ve had so much fun with our Pups in the Park days that we’ve expanded that,” Johnson said. “We’ll do it every single Wednesday night now.”
Mark yours and Fido’s calendars April 19, June 6, June 13, August 1, August 8, August 22 and August 29.
Beer lovers, the Dash hasn’t forgotten you: Thirsty Thursdays will be back at BB&T Ballpark with select beers available for just $1 through the seventh inning.
And food… Oh, ballpark food! Remember “All-You-Can-Eat for Free Nights”? Those are back, too. Except they’ll be called “Free Food Tuesdays.”
YUM! Free hot dogs, hamburgers and cheeseburgers through the seventh inning on May 1, May 22, June 5, June 12, July 24, July 31, August 7 and August 21.
Here’s a list of other popular Winston-Salem Dash promotional nights and events:
- Fireworks Fridays – All 11 Friday games at BB&T Ballpark will precede a Fireworks display. Fireworks will also follow the Dash’s game on Wednesday, July 4.
- Chick-fil-A Four Pack Nights – On six Saturdays this season (April 14, May 12, June 2, June 16, July 7 and August 11), the Dash and the Chick-fil-A at Thruway Shopping Center are teaming up to offer fans the best entertainment deal in the Triad. For as low as $32, fans will receive four tickets to the game, along with four Dash hats and four Original Chicken Sandwich Vouchers, redeemable at the Chick-fil-A at Thruway Shopping Center. This deal must be purchased in advance.
- Kids Run the Bases, powered by New Balance Winston-Salem - Youngsters can run the bases after all Friday, Saturday and Sunday games.
- Energize the Ballpark Night with Passion Music (postgame concert) - The Dash have partnered with Energize Ministries for the third annual "Energize the Ballpark" concert at BB&T Ballpark. Following the Dash's 4 p.m. contest against the Down East Wood Ducks on Saturday, June 23, Passion Music featuring Kristian Stanfill, Melodie Malone and Brett Younker will perform a concert for all fans in attendance.
- Bolt’s Birthday – April 15
- Color and Coffee Night – April 15
- Yoga(mmunity) - April 19, May 10 and June 7
- Education Days (11 a.m. start) – May 2 and May 23
- Pure Barre at the Dash – May 3 and June 14
- Star Wars Day – May 4
- Mother Son Date Night – May 4
- Cinco De Mayo– May 5
- Mother’s Day – May 13
- Cycling Nights – May 23 and May 24
- Daddy Daughter Date Night – June 1 and August 17
- Hometown Heroes USA, presented by Salem One – June 15
- Father’s Day – June 17
- Sippin’ Sunday - June 24
- Movie Night – June 29
- Fourth of July Extravaganza – July 4
- Camp Day (11 a.m. start) – July 25
- Cancer Survivor Night - August 10
- City of the Arts Night - August 18